Thursday, December 1, 2022
Thursday, November 24, 2022
Thursday, November 17, 2022
Thursday, November 10, 2022
Thursday, November 3, 2022
Thursday, October 27, 2022
Anyone else have a family group message where you post silly memes and photos of cats and old grievances?
If your family doesn't, it should. Start one now. You can thank me later.
A post from our family message, sender's name omitted to protect the innocent.
Come be grateful with us! It's easy! Write a thankful post and link it up below.
You're now a member of the Ten Things of Thankful familiy!
Join the hop! It's live all weekend.
Thursday, October 20, 2022
2. She said she liked chewy, fudgy brownies, and I found a recipe that seemed ideal.
3. Even if they aren't the chewiest, fudgiest brownies ever, I mean, they're still brownies.
4. I had another bag of sugar in the pantry.
5. No mixer required to make the batter, so clean up was a bowl and a spatula. Oh, and four pounds of sugar from the floor.
6. The house smells divine.
7. The cats, terrorized by the sugar storm, didn't come back in the kitchen and bug me while I was cooking.
8. The batter was delicious; I won't know about the brownies until tomorrow afternoon, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
9. If the kitchen floor is still crunchy tomorrow, my husband will be the one who gets a turn to get more of it swept up, since the kitchen also doubles as his office and I will be long gone to work by the time he gets up.
10. Tomorrow is Friday. 'Nuff said.
No time to cry over spilled sugar! Join the Ten Things of Thankful instead! The link is open all weekend.
Thursday, October 13, 2022
- kick off on Friday mornings at 12:05 am CST and runs through Sunday evening at 11:55 pm CST
- cheerleaders who comment on each other's posts
- everyone scores 10 thankfuls on their entries
- anyone can play regardless of experience
- no injuries
- no flags thrown by the refs unless you are a spammer
Saturday, October 8, 2022
Thursday, September 29, 2022
Thursday, September 22, 2022
Thursday, September 15, 2022
Thursday, September 8, 2022
Thursday, September 1, 2022
- it won't cost you anything
- you won't have to wonder about the size
- I wouldn't dream of returning it
- you don't have to wrap it
- it's something I've always wanted!
Thursday, August 25, 2022
Thursday, August 18, 2022
Friday, August 12, 2022
Shhhh! The little nugs are sleeping, and this big nug didn't get the Ten Things of Thankful link-up posted last night, making this a great time to do it. Why don't you write your ten things RIGHT NOW and join the hop? Then maybe YOU can take a nap, too!
Friday, August 5, 2022
Whoa, the weekend snuck up on me!
Are you ready to be like frogs and hop with us? It's nice and cool in our bloggy pond! Have a seat on a lily pad, think of ten things, big or small, that you are thankful for, and dash them onto a post. The link is live all weekend! Post yours, then hop to the other lily pads to read and comment, because it's not a hop if you don't leave your own lily pad!
See you at the pond!
Thursday, July 28, 2022
Friday, July 22, 2022
Whoopsie! A little late with the link, but that's because (long story) I forgot it was Friday. I thought it was Saturday, and that would mean I already (in a perfect world) posted the link. Hah! Tricked myself!
Welcome to the Ten Things of Thankful, a blog hop that simply requires that you list ten (or so, we are easy) events or things or people or WHATEVER that you are thankful for, link them up with us, then visit the other TToT posts. Easy.
Join the Ten Things of Thankful this weekend. It will make you cooler.
Thursday, July 14, 2022
It's the weekend, and that means it's time for the cool cats to come down to the little shindig we like to call the Ten Things of Thankful.
Are you hep to it? Want to join the "in" crowd in Bloggersville?
The link is live. Tell us what you're thankful for. Everybody's doing it.
Thursday, July 7, 2022
It's too hot to do anything but try not to move, so what better time to join the Ten Things of Thankful? You only have to wiggle your fingers a little over the keyboard to turn out a post of ten things for which you are thankful.
Are you that one in a million that likes steaming temperatures over 100 degrees? Tell us about it!
Are you enjoying all things icy cold and delicious? Tell us about THAT.
Just tell us.
The link is live all weekend!
Friday, July 1, 2022
Our longtime friend, co-host, and loyal supporter of the Ten Things of Thankful Pat Brockett of A Season and a Time is stepping down as a co-host of the TToT.
Pat began her blog in 2011, wrote a few posts, and then didn't come back to it until June of 2015 when she decided to return to writing. Her daughter Kristi was one of the original co-hosts of the Ten Things of Thankful, so it was natural for Pat to join in the hop with her beautifully written posts that never failed to give thanks for her husband Vic. She always included gorgeous nature photos, many taken by Vic.
We are so thankful for Pat and her many years of participation in the Ten Things of Thankful. She is a true friend and an all 'round awesome person, and we wish her the best and hope she will pop in and bless us with a post when she is able!
|To paraphrase E.B. White, Pat is both!|
The Ten Things of Thankful blog hop is such a wonderful place to find new friends and share the thankfulness we all have in our lives. Please join us this weekend and every weekend!
Thursday, June 23, 2022
Thursday, June 16, 2022
Come on over to our virtual get-together this weekend at the Ten Things of Thankful blog hop! Pull up a lawn chair, sip on a cold glass of sweet tea, and share your thankfuls for the week with all of us. Hang around and read the other entries, and then maybe we'll have a corn hole tournament or play some yard darts.
See you at the hop! The link is open from Friday through Sunday!
Thursday, June 9, 2022
2. I'm thankful that I didn't backhand my 17 year old son when he went all know-it-all while packing for a one week mission trip to Colorado. And wasn't planning on taking more than one pair of jeans. And hadn't read the checklist of what to take for all the activities they would be doing (and, more importantly, what NOT to take). And wouldn't believe me when I referred to said checklist.
3. I am thankful that I made a trip to Walmart today and did not lose the car in the parking lot. This is an anomaly.
4. I am thankful that my husband agreed to get up with me at 5:30 (as in A.M.) every day this week to work out at the Y, and that he wants to go on Saturday as well. And that he admits I was right that, as trite as it sounds, it gets your metabolism going and gives you energy all day.
5. I am thankful that I am home during the summer and am able to take a nap during the day when that 5:30 workout hits me between the eyes and I can't hold them open any longer.
6. I'm thankful that my husband didn't seriously hurt himself when his socked feet slid out from under him while he was leaning against the sink this evening, eating homemade pizza (which was DELICIOUS - spinach, sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions on whole wheat crust).
7. I'm thankful that he didn't get mad at me when I laughed, even as I was checking to see if he was okay. (It's a family trait that we laugh when someone falls, which is completely inappropriate, I KNOW.)
8. I am thankful my parents bought too many freshly picked green beans and new potatoes at the old order Mennonite settlement's produce stand and shared them with me. I have a ham bone in the deep freeze that I've been saving for an occasion such as this.
9. I am thankful that Teri Biebel @ Snarkfest and Jenn @ Something Clever 2.0 have both favorited comments I made on Twitter, because it makes me feel like I'm all that (and also implies I know what I'm doing on Twitter, which, sadly, I don't).
10. I'm thankful for my sweet friend Christine @ A Fly On Our (Chicken Coop) Wall because she (1) always encourages me, (2) was brave enough to do this link-up, (3) writes posts that always get to me on an emotional level, from raucous laughter to tender tugs at my heart, (4) draws the best pig/elephants I have ever seen. (I could list about a hundred more, but I don't want her to get all big-headed about it.)
*Okay, I fudged a little. #9 actually happened over the course of about a week or so. So sue me.
Thursday, June 2, 2022
Thursday, May 26, 2022
Thursday, May 19, 2022
Hello, weekend! Hello, Ten Things of Thankful, the bestest blog hop in the blogosphere!
It's so easy to join! Reflect on your past week (or your past five minutes) and write down ten things for which you can be thankful. Link up with us this weekend, and read the other entries.
You. Can. Do. This.
Thursday, May 12, 2022
What kind of week have you had? Was it a "WOO HOO, I'M SO THANKFUL!" week, a "This is going to take a lot of soul searching to come up with a thankful list" week, or something in between?
And hey, it's possible to have ALL THREE IN THE SAME WEEK.
Example: I was exposed to someone with Covid. I missed two days of work during my quarantine time, which was a mixed bag because it's fun to have a couple of bonus days off, but I was quarantined and couldn't go anywhere or do anything but clean house. And my own Covid test results were negative.
Write your list and join us! We don't care if they're big, little, or in between; we just enjoy having you be part of a group of bloggers who know thankfuls are with us in so many different ways!
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Thursday, May 5, 2022
Y'all, there are ALWAYS so many things in a sometimes ugly world for which we can be thankful.
Thursday, April 28, 2022
MARK IT ON YOUR CALENDAR, FRIENDS, I GOT THE TTOT POST DONE IN TIME THIS WEEK!
And if I can make it, so can you! Throw them together, think deeply about it, or settle somewhere in between, but give us YOUR ten this week!
The link is live from 12:05 am CST on Friday through 11:55 pm CST Sunday EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND.
|WAIT FOR MEEEEEE!!!|
Friday, April 22, 2022
Thursday, April 14, 2022
Friday, April 8, 2022
Thursday, March 31, 2022
Well, hello! Welcome to the Ten Things of Thankful weekly blog hop!
Every week, rain or shine, sleet or snow, the link for the TToT is open from 12:05 am CDT on Friday until 11:55 pm CDT on Sunday for you, yes, YOU to link up your list of ten thankfuls and take a few minutes to visit the other posts. Don't forget to check back on Monday for those late Sunday night posters (me. i'm the late Sunday night poster), so you don't miss an entry and a chance to do the one thing all bloggers crave: comment!
Let's do it!
Thursday, March 24, 2022
This is the very last weekend in March. Can you believe it?!
If you haven't joined us at the Ten Things of Thankful yet this year, what are you waiting for? We are a caring community of bloggers who would love to have you become part of our weekly hop. The link is live Fridays from 12:05 am CDT to Sundays at 11:55 pm CDT. (Why not midnight to midnight, you might ask. Well, because I get confused with the AM and PM and does it mean midnight or noon and decided to cut my losses and go with five minutes after and five minutes before.)
Write your Ten Things about ANYTHING. Your team advanced in the NCAA basketball tournament (why yes, yes, they did! WOO PIG SOUIE! GO HOGS!)? Flowers blooming? Survived another week at work (give me another day to know the answer to that)? Thankfuls come in all shapes and sizes!
Link up with us below!