Pages

Friday, November 13, 2020

Here's To New Beginnings!

 (approaches microphone slowly)

*tap tap tap*

Is this on?

*cough cough*

Hi....

Um, it's me, your new host of Ten Things of Thankful.

I'm Dyanne. Yes, pronounced the same as Diane. My mom named me after someone.

I guess I should tell you a little about myself.

Ummm.... I've been blogging at Backsies Is What There Is Not since March 2012 when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. The blog started as a way for me to record and remember my journey, and now that I am 8 years cancer-free, it has evolved into just stuff that comes out of my brain and onto the page. It's rarely deep. Sometimes it's funny. 

I live in Joplin, Missouri, known for Route 66 and a big tornado. Oh, and a Bonnie & Clyde shootout. I have been a preschool teacher for 19 years, now teaching 2s and 3s at a university child development center. I have a husband who is always wary when I write about him (and even more wary when he reads my Six Sentence Stories and their recurring theme). I have two kids: a son who is 7/8 of the way through medical school at University of Oklahoma and a daughter 7/8 of the way through a political science/journalism degree at University of Arkansas. Boomer Sooner! Woo Pig! They, too, are somewhat disturbed by that Six Sentence Story recurring theme....

I hope I can do 1/10th of what Kristi, Wendy, and Lizzi have done with the Ten Things of Thankful. I'm kind of an underachiever, so make that 1/100th. In any case. I would love to see the TToT hop grow and flourish. More importantly, I am terrified of it foundering and sinking. Or floundering and dying. Or, well, you get the picture.

I also have a strong fear of rejection. I won't even ask people to be my friend on Facebook if they're standing next to me saying "add me!" for fear they won't. So PLEASE join us at the TToT, and please "hop" to the other entries and leave kind bloggy comments! 

Ummm...okay, that's all I have.

See you at the hop....

*sound of fumbling for "off" button on microphone*

Dammit! How do I turn this thing---

Bzzzzzzz

*silence*

You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

2 comments:

We're so glad you're here! Please say hi and share your thoughts with us!