Pages

Thursday, December 7, 2017

TToT - 12/08/17

Ten Things of Thankful

Welcome to Ten Things of Thankful!

We gather here each weekend to share our posts about the things we are thankful for in our lives, and sometimes just to report that we've survived a difficult week; when we start focusing on the positives and the silver linings, we are able see that life is good. We also encourage each other by sharing pieces of our own journey. The people who participate in TToT are a truly awesome bunch from all age groups and all walks of life; I hope you'll join us and invite your blog friends to do the same, everyone is welcome!

At Ten Things of Thankful we believe that there are many little things in our lives to be thankful for each day as well as the big things that stand out. Keep in mind that you are not required to list ten things if you can't come up with that many, nobody is keeping score, just do the best you can! You'll find that once you get started, more things tend to pop into your head. There is no specific format required for your post, you are encouraged to do it your way. Variety makes it interesting!  :-)

This week's TToT link-up will open shortly after midnight (Central Time) on Thursday night, and will remain open until Tuesday night, so you have plenty of time to work on your post.

Please visit as many of the links as possible, sharing your thoughts is what this group is all about; and PLEASE check back next week for new links that were added later, those folks will appreciate your comments too!

Thank you for your part in making our Ten Things of Thankful blog such an uplifting experience!

Josie Two Shoes
TToT Coordinator

Please take a moment to answer the following questions in the comments section below. It's a fun way for us to get to know each other a little better.  What is one of the best (tangible) gifts you've ever been given, and what was the occasion?

12 comments:

  1. One of the best tangible gifts i was ever given was a winter coat when i had lost mine. It was from one of my clients, and i didn't even tell her i had lost my coat, she heard about it from someone else. It still warms my heart as much as my body, and it's so pretty i save it for church occasions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A gift of great kindness, which warmed you as much as the coat itself I am sure! Thoughtful gifts straight from the heart mean so very much!

      Delete
  2. Hard to choose just one. One was a beautiful snowman that lights up, I put it in our bedroom every year. My dear friend and neighbor gave it to me a few years before she passed away at the young age of 46.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lights, my sister gave me a little painted jar with lights in it, and it makes me smile every Christmas! This gift is even more special to you because your friend is no longer physically present. I'm sure she still smiles when you light that snowman and think of her! <3

      Delete
  3. There are too many to choose from. Especially this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's a wonderful "problem" to have! When we have lots of gifts that are special to us it means that we realize how blessed we are! :-)

      Delete
  4. Receiving a watch on my 12th birthday. I'd never had a watch and I was going to be starting junior high. I think my folks were afraid I might not make to my classes on time, or maybe miss the bus. Whatever the case, the gift was so unexpected, I cried with happiness. I had not expressed a desire for any particular gift, because money was tight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a wonderful gift and a precious memory. Watches were something special back then, and not inexpensive. My father gave me and my sisters each a good watch when we graduated from eighth grade. I still have mine... and it still runs!

      Delete
  5. Well, I wrote about two highly unexpected gifts I was just, this week, given, in my most recent post. I suppose that might not count.

    :-)

    I know this is cheesy, but I'd have to say this TToT. I was blogging, but wasn't expecting to find this place and this most beneficial exercise in gratitude I would soon want and desire to engage in each week.

    Thanks to Lizzi and everyone who was here before I came long, who made/make it so great.

    Thanks to Josie for taking over the hosting responsibilities. Haven't seen as much of her around here lately. I don't blame her that managing this blog hop isn't just any old thing, but she still sets it all up and makes sure it's ready to go each week.

    If not, if it weren't able to be sustained one of these days, I think I would continue the weekly exercise still on my own, on my blog. Best gift ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I apologize for my recent lack of presence and timely response here lately, life has been handing me lots to deal with, but I am working at getting back on track, because I love this weekly exercise as much as you do and I care about the people who participate! It is impossible to write a TToT post and not end up smiling and feeling good inside! I'm glad it is important to you too! XOXO

      Delete
    2. I understand, totally. I was just concerned, hoping things were okay for you.

      Delete
  6. The very best gift I ever received was Toby, as a kitten for my 60th Birthday. Unlike some people, I don't need expensive gifts to be happy or feel loved, I asked Papa Bear for one more kitty and he obliged. Toby definitely keeps our house lively and I love him dearly!

    ReplyDelete

We're so glad you're here! Please say hi and share your thoughts with us!